Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kane is 2! Baby S #2 15 weeks

Kane Parker Schnabel -- 2 Years Old

My little boy is 2 years old. I just can't believe how time flies. On October 22nd we had an amazing party over at our house. Many family and friends gathered in our back yard to play games, eat treats and jump on Kane's new Birthday gift, his trampoline.

Kane receive MANY great gifts that he just won't put down! Two Elmo's, one that does the Hokie-Pokie, and the other who plays instruments. A John-Deer tractor, many trucks and a real Goldfish named Dorothy, just like Elmo's!

Kane is talking up a storm these days. He's singing many songs, Jesus Loves me, The ABC's, You are my sunshine, and Katie Perry's Firework are his favorites! He's counting to 20 and speaking in sentences, the most popular is "May I have another Oreo PLEASE!" One of my favorite times with Kane is putting him to bed and saying his prayers with him. He always asks for one more kiss, about 10 times, then says "Love you Mommy". My heart just melts! It also cracks me up when he says "Bless you Mommy" whenever I cough or sneeze. He's such a good boy, very loving and just so smart.

Baby Schnabel #2 -- 15 weeks


Not much to report just yet on Baby S #2. At my last appointment I had only gained only 1 lb. since the pregnancy began back in July, success! Baby has a fast and strong heartbeat and is measuring normally. We have a sonogram scheduled for 11.16.11 so by then baby will be 17w2d, hopefully we'll have a gender to report!!

I'm happy to say that on Kane's Birthday 10.26.11 was the first night that I felt the baby kick! Baby wanted us to know that she/he also knew how special that day was. I've been feeling movement ever since, a few kicks in the morning and a few in the evening. It's just so strange being pregnant again. I've associated everything pregnancy related to Kane, and now it's a different baby. It's so hard to wrap my head around sometimes, but we couldn't be happier.

I've had some morning sickness from about 8w-14w which hasn't been too bad since it was isolated to the morning only. My appetite has been good, I just can't always finish the food on my plate. Not many smells have bothered me this time around, other than fresh cut grass, vomit. The worst thing this time around has been the constant headaches. I can't get rid of the headache for more than a few hours it seems.

Kane is very interested in the new baby. He rubs my belly and says "Baby in the tummy, Mommy, Baby!" Then lifts his shirt and rubs his tummy and says the same thing! He thinks everyone has a baby in their tummy, even Elmo! haha :)


More to come after my appointment on 11.16.11!

Enjoy pictures from Kane's Party!!!


-C, A, K & ???




No comments:

Post a Comment