Thursday, June 18, 2009

22 week Dr. Appt.

This morning Chip and I went in for our 22 week check-up! We were only there for about 15min. believe it or not. The Doctor came in, and right away went for the Doppler to hear the heart beat. woosh woosh woosh! All was well with baby Kane, a nice strong heart beat!

We got the results from the CVS blood test, and it came back negative for downs syndrome which was good to hear. We had a few questions for the doctor like when I would have my glucose test for gestational diabetes and when we could schedule our Lamaze classes. You know Chip and I, always trying to rush things! haha, the doctor told us that at our next appt. (28 weeks) I would have the glucose test, and that's also when we would schedule our classes as well as pre-check-in to the hospital.

I also had the doctor examine the backs of my legs on my calves. Apparently I've added lovely stretch marks along with broken capillaries to my symptoms list! I had no clue they were even there, but you can never sneak something by my mom, and she caught it. We just wanted to make sure it was normal and not linked to preeclampsia, but all looked normal!

Alrighty, well that was about it for our 22 week appointment! Chip wanted me to add this into the blog today to let all of you know about our little guys name, so enjoy!

The boy's name Kane \k(a)-ne\ is pronounced kayn. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "little battler". Anglicised form of Cathán, derived from "cath" meaning "battle". Kane (kah-NAY) is also a Japanese surname. (haha this must be why he's kicking so much! I knew we were having the next Karate Kid!!!)

**Congrats to all of the family and friends who were members of the class of 2009!**

Courtney Albertson
Justin Albertson
Nicholas Albertson
Christa Black
Steven Hesse
Patrick Kernstine
Ian Lyons
Jessy Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment