Sunday, June 14, 2009

22 weeks--Braxton Hicks Contractions

Here are some fun facts on where Baby Kane is in his development:

  • Baby is about 11 inches long and weighs in at about 1 pound.
  • The eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed, and the fingernails cover the fingertips.
  • Sounds from a conversation are loud enough to be heard by the fetus in the uterus.
  • If you talk, read, or sing to your baby, it's reasonable to expect him or her to be able to hear you.
  • The top of your uterus is now about 1 inch (3cm) above your bellybutton.
Over the past week I've been introduced to the wonderful world of Braxton Hicks Contractions! What are they, some of you may ask?? Well here's what google told me about these little unexpected jolts I've been feeling.

  • Braxton Hicks contractions are sporadic uterine contractions that start about 6 weeks into your pregnancy, although you won't be able to feel them that early. You probably won't start to notice them until sometime after mid-pregnancy, if you notice them at all. (Some women don't.) They get their name from John Braxton Hicks, an English doctor who first described them in 1872.
I had noticed this "cramp" that would come and go, and I didn't pay much attention to it since I had no idea what it was. But last Sunday night as I was reading my "What to Expect when you're expecting" for the 5th month chapter, Braxton Hicks came up and I was like "OH! This is what I've been having!" Then sure enough I had one and made Chip feel it. It was like my whole lower abdomen turned hard as a rock all of a sudden, stayed like that for a few minutes, was uncomfortable, then went away.

This week I had to break down and buy a few new bra's. The 34 C's I borrowed from my Mom were cutting off my circulation, and my cup was over flowing! Chip and I took a trip to Motherhood Maternity and bought 2 nursing bra's, good for now and even better for when the baby comes! I never thought I go into a store and buy 38C & 38D bras! Absolutely crazy!

Also.....L.A. Lakers won the NBA finals....If you know me, you know I HATE BASKETBALL....But...I LOVE CHIP.....So........I have been watching Basketball....NOW IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!! YAY!!!! NO MORE BASKETBALL!!!!....Oh yea, Congrats Lakers, whatever.

**Happy Birthday Dana Leigh fellow Mommy to be!**

I have another Dr's appt. this Thursday, more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment