Monday, September 14, 2009

34 weeks--Jam packed week!

Week 34 was quite an eventful one! We had out 5th Birthing class, our 34 week check up with the OB, and our shower in Maryland, I shall start from the beginning!

5th Class-- C-Sections:

This was a very interesting class since we were able to hear first hand from a couple who just had a C-Section 2 months ago. While I already knew plenty about C-Sections from my mom, it was good to hear from someone who had just gone through it. It was interesting to find out that 30% of pregnancies are delivered by c-section, most of those being failed inductions. All in all, it was very informative and we enjoyed seeing her new baby boy. Hopefully a c-section will not be in my future, fingers crossed!

34 week Dr. Appointment:

This weeks appointment went smoothly. It was pretty much same ol' routine, weight (sigh), measuring my belly from pubic bone to the top of my uterus which happens to be directly under my boobs at this point & doppler to hear the heart beat. Everything checked out to be good and on target! We went on to the Q&A portion of the appointment which is Chip's favorite! Since I've been quite absent minded during the pregnancy Chip has been right there to pick up the slack with my brain, he always has plenty of questions for the doctor, while I tend to draw a blank. Good news is, at this point if I go into labor the Dr. won't be taking any artificial measures to stop labor, we'll just have a baby!

Maryland Baby Shower:

This weekend, Chip and I drove up to Gaithersburg for the shower that his mother was hosting for us. We arrived late late around 1:15am Friday night, well technically Saturday morning. The shower was from 2-4 Saturday afternoon, and everything was perfect! I was able to meet all of Beth's good school friends, and also see the women who came to the wedding who were good friends of Chip's family growing up. Chip's brother Peter & Mary, were able to make the trek from South Carolina to be with us, which was a huge surprise! We had a nice intimate shower at Beth's house with great food and fun games. Beth knitted us a BEAUTIFUL blanket for Kane, which is sure to become "The Blankie". Later on we all went out to dinner, a great ending to a great day.

The answer to everyone's burning question: "How are you feeling?"
  • I have bad heartburn...have never, ever had that.....HELLO TUMS!
  • Sore Tummy...being kicked so hard leaves me quite sore these days
  • Shortness of breath
  • Bruised Ribs from little feet
  • Contractions, none consistent yet but boy are they getting me ready

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice shower! Thanks SO much for my gift!!! It's coming down to home stretch!! Your little guy will be here before ya know it :D

    ReplyDelete