Tuesday, May 26, 2009

19 weeks--First Kicks

Almost halfway there!! I can't believe the time seems to be flying by! Here are some fast facts about where Baby Kane is in his development
  • Fetus is around 6.5 inches and 9 ounces.
  • The placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby.
  • Features of your baby's heart, should be visible during an ultrasound.
  • Your baby's genitals are distinct and recognizable.
  • Scalp hair has sprouted and continues to grow
Baby's legs are reaching their relative size and with the increase muscle development occurring as well, you will start feeling much more than tiny flutter kicks soon. If you have not felt movement yet, you will soon. The baby will increase its weight by more than 15 times between now and delivery.

This is a picture of a little one at 19w, I thought it would be neat to show how Kane might look at this point! Very neat! Also it seems to be right on target since I felt my first real kick on Friday night!! I was lying very still in my bed and all of a sudden, whop! I thought it was just gas bubbles at first, but then, whop whop whop! My eyes got sooo big, I knew it was him! I was so shocked, I didn't want to yell for Chip who was in the other room because I didn't want it to stop, so I texted Chip "GET IN HERE, KANE'S KICKING!!!" Chip ran in and put his hand on my baby bump. Of course right now only I could feel it, but poor Chip, he wanted to feel it so bad. I can't wait till he can feel Kane from the outside. I feel bad that I'm able to experience this amazing moment, but he is still waiting for his big kick. Hopefully in the next 3 weeks he'll get some external kicks!

We've got our "Big Ultra Sound" coming up on June 3rd. It's very in depth to check on all of Kane's little organs to make sure they're all developing correctly. Here's an updated picture of
my 19w Baby Bump!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment