Sunday, May 17, 2009

Silly Saturday with the Schnabel's


So I have lots of fun little updates, and pictures to go with them! We had quite a fun Saturday. It was pretty nasty outside, but we managed to get some errands run and then we stayed in a watched a movie! So here's how Saturday started.

First, I met my mom and dad at David's Bridal to order my dress to wear in my cousin Dana's Wedding! Dana and Jack are getting married on July 25th, and I'm her Matron of Honor! This is the dress that myself and her cousin Meghan (Maid of Honor) will be wearing in champagne! This dress will be prefect to accommodate my big baby bump, since by then, I will have just entered my 3rd Trimester and 7th month of pregnancy.

Next I headed towards home, and called Chip to see if he wanted to meet me out to grab a bite to eat and to go with me to Khol's. We decided that if we ate one more Chick-fil-a we were going to turn into a chicken, so we went on McDonald's instead! I know some of your are thinking "McDonald's, at lunch time, on a Saturday, ARE YOU CRAZY!" The answer to that is Yes, we're crazy. This particular McDonald's had 1/2 of the restaurant taken up by it's busy Play Place. After we weaved through the line, like the Loch Nes Monster at Busch Gardens, we had no choice but to eat in the Play Place area!!! This was the view from our table. A massive Space Ship, or Death Trap, was hanging over our heads. While we were eating, kids got in that germ infested thing and shook it as hard as they could, almost daring it to break! The entire Play Place was rocking back and forth over our heads! NOT OK! Very scary, and I wonder how we ever survived those things as kids in the early 90's. By the way, have you noticed that over the past 5 years, no play place includes in infamous "Ball Pit" any more?! I guess too many kids peed in those things, and got hurt from hiding under the balls and getting jumped on.

Anyway...So there was a cute little boy eating before he went back to play. He was standing next to the table in his little sock feet, eating his chicken nuggets, couldn't have been older that 4 years old. I looked at him and smiled because he was so cute, wondering to myself what Kane would look like at that age when the unthinkable happened. The little boy smiled back at me, dropped his chicken nugget and it rolled under the table on the NASTY MCDONALD'S PLAY PLACE SCUM INFESTED FLOOR. I gave him that "shrug shoulders whoops face", and he gave me the "oh crap, get back here chicken nugget look"!! Under the table he went, after the rouge nugget!! My eyes got really big as I was screaming in my head "NOOOOOO", but just as quickly as the nugget was dropped, it was just as quickly popped into his mouth! WOW, I was absolutely shocked, I think I also gagged a little in my mouth! All I could do was crack up and say "I guess boys will be boys!"..."but not my child!" haha

From there we went to Kohl's where I exchanged a few shirts my mom got me, then we came home to watch a movie while it rained. Later on we made our way out to Guadalajara at TowCenter were we had dinner, then made our way over to Wal-Mart. We looked through the baby items and wanted to compare their prices to Baby's R Us. We had originally picked out the Mickey crib bedding that was at Baby's R Us, but found a Mickey Pattern that we
actually liked better at Wal-Mart! It was already more than $100 less than the one at Baby's R Us, but the outside packaging was beat up, so I thought they may discount it more. We went to the customer service and got another $15 off! It was perfect, and soooo cheap, so we bought it!

The following pictures are of what Kane's nursery looks like so far. We still need to get cute wall hangings, shelving, nick-nacky stuff, and more books for the bookshelf! Then there are pictures of the Eddie Bauer bassinet we found on Craigs List in perfect condition and then the Chicco Travel system that Chip's Dad bought us.....Also we had a little fun testing out one of Kane's onezies on Tank! Hey, we have to wash them anyway!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment