Friday, August 28, 2009

32 weeks- 3rd Class & Glucose Test

Last night we had our 3rd Birthing Class. Things seem to be progressing very well, and we worked on comfort techniques. One of the methods we worked on was to get our mind else where for one minute straight since that's as long as a contraction will be. The instructor had us spell our baby's name with our butt while facing each other holding hands. Please, the next time you see Chip, ask him to do this. It was the funniest thing I've EVER seen!!! I was laughing so hard I was crying, I never knew he could move his hips like that!! hahaha

This morning at 9:15 I had my Glucose test, along with 32 week exam. Usually the test is given between weeks 26 & 28 but since Chip isn't in the Navy anymore we had to find a civilian OBGYN that we liked. I found this great practice right by the Virginia Beach Amphitheater which is SUPER close to us, only about 2 miles. They deliver at Va Beach General which we love since they have a NICU on site, and the hospital is only about 9 miles away. So ANYWAY, we went in bright & early this morning for the glucose test that my mother warned me was soooo NASTY! Well surprise surprise, the glucose test has made some improvements over the past 20 years, the once thick syrupy orange nastiness has turned into basically a fruit punch soda that really wasn't bad at all. An hour later they drew my blood. I'll have the results either Monday or Tuesday next week if I failed then I'll have to go back for the 3 hour test. If I hear nothing I passed, so I'm crossing my fingers!! I also had my 32 week exam, the Dr. said that I'm right on target with my weight gain and so is Kane. They did the doppler and the heartbeat sounded nice and strong! We have an appointment scheduled for 34 weeks, after that weeks 36-40+ I'll be going every week. WOW, THE END IS NEAR!!! I know boys typically carry lower than girls, but I swear I feel like I have to hold on to my belly at times because it's so low! With each kick it feels like he's gunna kick his way right out! Until next time!!!

**CONGRATS TO PAUL & LEONIEKE WOLFE ON THEIR NEW BABY GIRL MACIE**

No comments:

Post a Comment