Tuesday, August 4, 2009

29 weeks--Back to unemployment

As some of you know, this past Friday I was laid off.....ugh.....Over the past ten weeks I've been very much enjoying my new job. Unfortunately there is a 90 day probation period, and just two short weeks shy of this period being up they just "decided" that they would be "revamping" my department. They said they were soooo sorry, but that it wouldn't be "fiscally responsible" to keep me on board with the current economic situation...blah blah blah....i.e. You're about to be a liability with the maternity leave. Whatever, it's such crap!!! They said they would be happy to give me a GLOWING reference! hahah, how about you just not fire a 7 month pregnant woman!!!! Anyways, I'm back to scowering the internet to find something to occupy myself for the next 2 months. I've been in contact with the Temp. agancy that I worked with back in April to see if they have anything for me, we shall see.

In the mean time, please keep us in your prayers. Chip is starting his new job with the Navy Reserves on Saturday. While you would think transistioning from Navy to Navy Reserves would be seamless, it's anything BUT! I just hope he enjoys what he'll be doing.

In baby news, little Kane seems to be doing great! Here are some of the developmental things he's going through this week:
  • Baby now weighs about 2 and a half pounds
  • and is about 15 inches long from head to heel.
  • Brain is busy developing billions of neurons.
  • Baby's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature.
  • The fetus can taste and respond to pain.
  • The milk teeth have developed under the gums.

No comments:

Post a Comment