Tuesday, January 26, 2010

3 MONTHS OLD!!!

It has been 3 amazing months with our little man. Watching him grow and experience new things each day is such a neat thing. Where he once just sat in his bouncy seat and looked around, he's now swatting at Mr. Hippo, and pulling the music cord on his own! His favorite thing right now is riding in the baby carrier on Chip's chest while Chip walks around the house. He loves to look out at the world!! He's now eating 5 ounces about every 3 1/2 hours. He's gotta be at least 10 pounds now, but we'll find out at our 4 month checkup on Feb. 26th. The other day for the first time HE GIGGLED!!! Chip and I freaked out! We were doing anything and everything to make him giggle again! I'm sure if someone saw/heard the crazy things/noises we were making they would have thought we were crazy, but we were loving it! Since he's been sleeping 8-10 hours every night since he was a month old, we thought it was time for him to "make the move". So last week we moved him from sleeping in the bassinet in our room to his crib. A little tough for me at first, but he wasn't phased! Into the crib he went, and we changed him from using our white noise applications on our phone to using his mobile hanging on the crib, he loves it! These are the most high tech. mobiles I've ever seen. Now-a-days they play music, rotate, and play a light show! No wonder he loves the thing!

In other news....Chip and I have been having a great time at our new Gym. Chip has been swimming in the wee hours of the morning and I will take classes 3 times a week. So far I've taken Zumba & Cardio Kickboxing, both of which I enjoyed a lot. Tomorrow I'm taking some step aerobic class, we'll see how that goes! We've completely changed our eating habits and I've been calorie counting with my handy dandy iPhone app. So far we have both lost 5 pounds, hopefully we keep up the pace all the way to the May 1st deadline!

Here are some pictures!!!


Taken at the park behind Cox High School






Sleepy boy!


Favorite Toy


That sweet face :)


It's like Where's Waldo! Where's Kane???


HERE I AM!!!


Already a remote hog!


-C, A & K

2 comments:

  1. Great job making it to 3 months!!! The giggling is awesome, huh?!?! I think more than anything they giggle just to see how wierd we'll act to get a smile/giggle/laugh and sometimes it's a lot of work and other times it comes out of no where :)

    I also had a had time transitioning my son to his room and crib but he hardly noticed.

    Great job on your weight loss and working out!

    ReplyDelete