Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I hope everyone had a safe a Happy New Year! Chip and I enjoyed spending time with his mom Monday-Wednesday last week. Then on New Year's Eve my parents and brother came over for Pizza and my parents brought their PJ's and we rang in the new year together! Kane and my Dad both fell asleep before midnight, but my Dad did wake up for the countdown, haha. On New Year's Day we swung by Gummie's for some black eyed peas for good luck and a photo shoot with her TWO great-grandchildren. After filling our bellies we drove to Williamsburg with my parents to meet some of the Big Chill where they were celebrating Kris's 50th Birthday! It was great to introduce Kane to some of the Big Chill, they just loved him! We had a great meal with everyone at the Whaling Company later on. We also celebrated our 1st Anniversary with some stale cake and Sushi! It's been an amazing 1st year, and many more memories to come!

Now that this new year has begun, Chip and I have started our new healthy lifestyle change! While it may be a bit much, I've committed to loose 35 pounds by my brother-in-law's wedding on May 1st! I'm determined to get back to my healthy weight, and hopefully in the next 4 months I'll be able to. I feel like we've done everything to prepare for this "change". I've bought gloves & ear muffs for the cold weather walking/jogging I plan to do. I've also found a gently used jogging stroller on Craig's List for when it gets a little warmer out so Kane can join in the fun! Chip gave me a pedometer for Christmas since they SWEAR by them on the Biggest Loser, which by the way is also apart of my weight loss preparation by watching the new season which premiers today 1/5. Among other things we've joined our local rec. center where Chip will be able to get back to swimming and I'll be able to take Zumba classes! We're both really excited about the working out portion of our "change" but it's the eating that we have issues with! We will see how it goes! Wish us luck!!!

Here are some pictures!!















-C, A & K

No comments:

Post a Comment