Saturday, April 11, 2009

0-9 weeks, baby steps

So lets just start from the beginning, leaving out the obvious ; ) . After Chip and I came home from our Honeymoon it was clear to us that we wanted to explore "the next step". I scheduled a pre-pregnancy doctors appointment and a full physical to make sure that everything was in place for a healthy pregnancy. We got the green light from the doctor and out the window went the birth control, and the ovulation charting began. Not knowing how long it would take to become pregnant 2 months or 2 years, we went with the thought of when it happens it happens. After our 2nd try off birth control, we had a positive home pregnancy test, WE'RE PREGNANT! We got our positive test on March 3rd, and couldn't be more excited!

Now the lovely symptoms I've had thus far. One of the reasons I took the home test was because of the nausea I had been having. Weeks 5-7 were full of morning sickness that should have been called all day sickness, I was intimate with our toilet at least 3 times a day. Luckily the vomiting has become a once in a while thing every few days. I've had some food aversions, but mostly just thinking about eating food makes me sick, but once I make myself eat it, I'm alright. I've been really bloated so far, my insides feel like they're full of gas, and I'd just like to get rid of it already! I've never been one to burp in the past, but now it makes me feel sooo good to burp to get rid of all the gas! Chip cracks up at me burping all the time because I never really burped before....Also....Passing gas in my home growing up was absolutely off limits, you just don't do it! Well sometimes, you just gotta let it go mom!! Along with the burping, there's been some farting too I admit, but it's only for decompression purposes!! I have to get the gas out of my bloated belly! I think Chip has been a little shocked at first by this, but is having some sympathy farting as well! haha Well besides those fun things, the occasional cramping and the inevitable boobs getting bigger (already up a size) everything else seems to be going pretty smoothly.

I've learned a lot already about what to expect through the resources that are now available. The sister website of Theknot.com for wedding planning is Thebump.com for baby planning. It's a great place to speak with other pregnant women from all over the country experiencing all of the same things you are, and to help you figure out if something is a normal worry or not. Also, I can't imagine being pregnant 20 years ago when my mom was pregnant. I feel like people are much more candid to speak about what's going on with their bodies, as well, I don't know what I'd do without GOOGLE!! I'm reading What to expect when you're expecting of course, but mostly thumbing through it since it seems to be a repeat of all of the web sites I've gone over. Also I was given Frankly Pregnant by Stacy Quarty. It's a really cute story of her 2nd pregnancy that's extremely candid, and very funny!

Alright, well I went this week to fill out some paper work & to have my lab work done for my 1st appointment with my new OB/GYN on base. Hopefully we'll have sonogram pic's on Monday after the appointment! In the mean time, Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment