Friday, April 24, 2009

New Job & No Clothes Fitting

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!! So it's official I FINALLY got a job! I found it on Craig's List believe it or not! This was a great week getting back into the work force, and I guess it's right what they say, you do get more of your energy back once the first trimester is done.

Unfortunately, I feel like I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday. I also haven't worn "work" clothes in over 2 months, so my body has changed quite a bit. My pants wont zip, my work shirts wont button, and my casual shirts are too tight and too short. Luckily my mom and I went to Motherhood Maternity this past weekend to see if we could find some pants. Of course, shopping for pants is the MOST difficult thing for me, and always has been but adding maternity to the mix was even worse! For about an hour, my mom and I turned that store upside down, I tried on about 30 pairs of pants, we were cracking up in the dressing room at how I looked in some of those clothes, it was a lot of fun. Finally I found a pair of linen white crop pants, a denim skirt, & yay black slacks for work!! We also dropped by Kohl's and found two cute shirts that will be great for work or play. Hopefully when I change my closets over this weekend I will find a couple things that will still work for the summer.

As far as symptoms go, I've been feeling pretty good over the past 2 weeks! Only morning sickness in the morning, mostly the thing that's been bothering me the most is how often I've had to pee! I get up at least 3 times a night to pee, and before I go to bed I have to make sure to move laundry baskets out of the way since I tripped on one a few weeks ago, not pretty!

Ok, and now for a cheesy moment! I would just like to say that I have THE MOST amazing husband ever! He has been such a big help around the house. Just the other day, I came home for lunch and my lunch was ready and waiting for me on the table. Then that same night I walked in the door at 5:45 and before I was in the door I could smell steaks being grilled. I walked in the door, and the table had been set, and Chip was walking in the house with dinner ready! He's such a great guy, and I am thankful everyday that he was brought into my life!

In closing I would just like to say, a few things. 1: Congrats to Robbie & Jenny LaCroix, my mom's cousin, who just welcomed their first baby into the world today, a healthy baby boy! 2: Happy 48th Birthday to my mom who doesn't look a day over 40!!! 3: Chip and I got new cars last week, we traded ours in for baby friendly models. Chip got a VW Tiguan since our baby carrier would be hell trying to get in and out of his two door coupe! Then I got a Pontiac Vibe, since we all know my trusty Olds had seen better days, those days being in 1997!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment