Monday, April 13, 2009

First Ultrasound & a Due Date Change!

What an exciting day!! Today at 1pm we had our first ultrasound and were able to meet our new Dr. and more importantly, we met our little gobble gobble!! It is hard to describe the feeling you get to see a little life jumping around inside of you. And when I say jumping, I mean it! This little person was dancing a jig, it was sooo funny watching the baby shoot it's arms up and out, then kicking it's little legs, and then when the camera got close, it just turned around! How weird to see this little person moving, and for me to feel nothing. We also saw the little flicker flicker of the heartbeat, it was just perfect.

We also found out that it seems like our date calculation was a little off when it came to my last period. I thought I had a small period in February, but according to the size of the baby, we got pregnant at the end of January around the 25th-28th. The small period from February was just implantation bleeding from the egg settling in it's home in the uterine wall. When I went in today I thought I was just 9weeks 6days...Turns out that I'm 12weeks 5days! Which makes my new Due Date October 21st!! Gaining 3 weeks of pregnancy in just one doctor's appointment, awesome!

I have another more detailed sonogram coming up to measure my cervix to make sure its thick enough. The Dr. said that it looks a bit thin from a surgery I had about two years ago to remove some of my cervix due to pre-cancerous cells caused by HPV, see this is why all mom's should have their daughters get the HPV vaccine early! Hopefully that will come back with a nice & strong cervix, otherwise I will have be limited to my activity, possibly bed rest as early on as 20 weeks or possibly having my cervix stiched up until delivery. Yuck! Don't want to have to go through all that, but we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it!

Please enjoy our little gobble gobble pictures! Pic #1 is of the baby's face, you can see both sections of its brain, both eyes, and it's little body. Pic #2 is of the baby's hand waving to us!! "Hi Mom!!" my child is already a ham for the camera! Pic #3 is a crown to rump measurement of the baby, on the bottom you can see that baby is 6cm long! Over all, such a happy day! Spring has sprung, new life is just sround the corner, and we couldn't be happier! The start of our Second Trimester officially begins on Wednesday at the big 13 week mark, finally out of the woods!

Baby Face

Waving

Crown to Rump

No comments:

Post a Comment